2015 GTA BJJ CLASSIC will take place on Sat September 12th at Brampton Soccer Centre, located at 1495 Sandalwood Pkwy. E. • Dixie Rd & Sandalwood Pkwy, L6R 0K2, Brampton, Ontario.
All schools are welcome to participate in this exciting event.
All belt levels in the Kids, Youth, Teen, Junior, Adult, Master (30 to 40) and Seniors (40+) age categories will compete.
Registrations are open and will close Tue, September 8th, 2015 midnight or when full capacity is reached. We do not accept any registration after this date.
Check-in day, the last day to make changes to your registration is Wednesday ,Sept 9th at midnight, no exceptions.
Schedule, Thursday morning the schedule will be updated and you can find what time your division will start, be at the venue at least 45 minutes prior to your division starts.
Brackets, Friday prior to the tournament all juniors, adults and masters brackets will be online.
Spectator Ticket Prices = $10.00
Kids 12 years old and under are admitted free
Seniors 60+ are admitted free
Here is the list of all the absolute finals that will take place at the tournament
Female Purple & up
– You must check your registration information on our website on the registration check day. Make sure that all the information is correct. If there are any issues contact us immediately.
– Check your brackets at our website on the brackets release day.
– Make sure to have a clean gi or a no gi uniform in proper condition according to OJA rules.
– Make sure to bring a picture ID to the event.
– Make sure to check the schedule at our website. Failing that, brackets and schedules are posted at the event.
– The athletes must keep the kimono and belt tied to the waist at all times while in the waiting or competition area.
– The referee makes the final decision and will not tolerate any complaints or make changes to the decision
– The athletes are not allowed to jump over the fences/barricades in the competition area.
– Make sure to get to the event at least 45 minutes prior to your bracket schedule. You should be warmed up by the time your bracket is called.
– Make sure to get your Competitor T-Shirt if awarded (see list). You will need your ID.
– Make sure to listen to the division calls on the PA System.
– At the designated time, go to the warm up area, wearing your GI and SANDELS, as well as your a picture ID.
– In the warm up area, pay attention to the ring coordinator calls. The ring coordinator will be wearing a vest with the ring number for your division.
– After the ring coordinator call, go to the weight in area, to check weight and have your gi inspected (in gi tournaments).
– Do NOT remain in the competition area after the end of your fight. Return to the warm up area, and remain there until the ring coordinator calls you for the next round if you won your previous match.
– Be respectful to the staff, officials other athletes and coaches. In turn they will show you the same courtesy.
– Be respectful to the referees, showing consideration and appreciation for the performance of his or her duties.
– Any disputes regarding matches are to be settled by the Referee. All decision by the Referee will be final.
– Direct all questions to tournament staff at the administration table. We will do our best to answer your questions as quickly as possible. Please be patient with questions as there are a lot of competitors at the event. As such we remain busy throughout the day.
– Please maintain your belongings. We cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items